I write on a diverse range of public interest topics to influence political debate and persuade others to take up action on the causes that they care about. Have a look at what I’ve written below:
- M Olatokun, (2022) Breaking Bridges: The Council of Europe
- M Olatokun, (2022), Public Legal Education Is The Bridge; Legal Capability Is The Gap; Incomprehensibility Of Public Law Entitlements Is The Problem; Increasing Citizens’ Capacity To Hold The Government Accountable For Unlawful Decision Making Diverse Voices in Public Law,
- M Olatokun, ‘Michael Abiodun Olatokun: From words to action on EDI’, 2021, Association of Chairs, London.
- M Olatokun, ‘An analysis: the right to protest in the UK compared with such rights in India’, 2021, Sikh Press Association, London.
- M Kamya and M Olatokun, ‘School Exclusions and The Rule of Law’, 2021, The Bingham Centre Comment, London.
- M Olatokun and J Glynne, 2021, #MeettheAmbassadors: Michael Abiodun Olatokun, Young Trustees Movement.
- M Olatokun, 2021, ‘Does the law think that black lives matter?’ The Theory and Practice of Legislation, Volume 9, Issue 1.
- M Olatokun, 2021, ‘Policing The Future’, Human Rights In Action Goldsmiths University, London.
- D. Fung, J. Clarke, M. Olatokun and R. Stuart, ‘Report of the Teaching Excellence Framework Subject Pilot Panel for Business, Law, Health and Social Care’ (2019) included in Office for Students, 2021, ‘Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF): Findings from the subject-level pilot 2018-19 Annex C: Subject panel reports’
- Wintersteiger, Morse, Olatokun and Morris, 2021, ‘Systematic Review of Public Legal Education’ Legal Services Board, London.
- M. Olatokun, 2020 ‘Consult beyond the usual suspects to renew the constitution’, The Times, London.
- M Olatokun, 2020, ‘Bingham Centre Response to the Legal Services Board consultation on the Draft Business Plan for 2020/2021’ London.
- M. Olatokun, 2020 ‘Defending Democracy’, The General Council of the Bar of England and Wales, London.
- Bingham Centre Response to a consultation of the Care of Children in Jersey Review Panel regarding the powers of the Jersey Children’s Commissioner: https://statesassembly.gov.je/scrutinyreviewsubmissions/submissions%20-%20draft%20commissioner%20for%20children%20and%20young%20people%20(jersey)%20law%20201%20-%20robinson%20watkins%20olatokun%20-%2027%20march%202019.pdf
- Bingham Centre Response to the House of Commons Justice Committee inquiry into the ‘Transforming Our Justice System’ programme: http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/justice-committee/hmcts-court-and-tribunal-reforms/written/97828.html
- Bingham Centre Response to the OFSTED consultation on its framework, handbook and strategy.
- Joint HRE4All response to the OFSTED consultation on its framework, handbook and strategy.
- M. Olatokun, 2019, ‘The Rule of Law Should Be Taught In Schools’, RECONNECT, London. https://reconnect-europe.eu/blog/olatokun-rule-of-law-human-rights-education-schools/
- M. Olatokun, ‘Automated Facial Recognition and The Rule of Law’, (2019) The Bingham Centre Comment, London.
- M. Olatokun, ‘Courts are becoming modern but may leave many behind’, (2019) The Bingham Centre Comment, London.
- BIICL Podcast on the future of international education post-Brexit: https://soundcloud.com/user-918926390/erasmus-and-brexit-michael-olatokun
- Supporting the British Institute of Human Rights in their ‘March For Human Rights 2018’ campaign: https://www.bihr.org.uk/blog/celebrate70-hre
- Briefing parliamentarians on the issues posed by the Counter Terrorism and Border Security Act 2018:
- A short pen portrait of Lord Denning: https://www.biicl.org/documents/1987_lord_denning_biography.pdf?showdocument=1
- Encouraging teachers and youth workers to nominate inspirational young people for the Diana Award in 2018: http://diana-award.org.uk/why-nominate-diana-award/
- Response to the Department for Education Relationships (and sex) education and health education consultation:
- Encouraging young people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities to seek positions as non-executive directors of charities: https://www.byp-network.com/single-post/2018/08/26/Representation-in-the-Charity-Sector
- M. Olatokun, ‘A Vision for Public Legal Education’, (2018) The All-Party Parliamentary Groups on the Rule of Law and Public Legal Education, London.
- The Government’s Vision Statement for Public Legal Education as a member of the Solicitor General’s Committee: https://www.lawworks.org.uk/sites/default/files/files/10YearVisionForPLE-web.pdf
- Promoting a special award for children campaigning on public policy issues in honour of Princess Diana: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/abiodun-michael-olatokun/help-us-to-build-dianas-l_1_b_15274552.html
- Encouraging students and recent graduates to join LinkedIn: https://envisiongradnetwork.tumblr.com/post/159149389211/how-to-reach-all-star-status-on-linkedin
- Persuading new LinkedIn users to invest time in the platform: https://envisiongradnetwork.tumblr.com/post/159149972516/making-the-most-of-being-on-linkedin
- XH Eng, L McNamara, M Olatokun; 2017; ‘The Rule of Law for Citizenship Education: International Law and Human Rights’; British Institute of International and Comparative Law; London; 134; 978-1-90-522167-7
- M Olatokun; 2017; Human Rights Education; The Association of Citizenship Teaching Journal; Summer 2017; pp 54-57 https://www.biicl.org/documents/1689_human_rights_education_article_1.pdf?showdocument=1
- Providing clarity on the implications of Brexit on international education: https://www.biicl.org/documents/1683_faq_-_erasmus_and_the_effect_of_brexit_on_international_education.pdf?showdocument=1
- Evidence to the Ad Hoc Select Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement: https://www.biicl.org/documents/1763_the_bingham_centre_for_the_rule_of_law_submission_to_the_ad_hoc_select_committee_on_citizenship_and_civic_engagement.pdf?showdocument=1
- Advertising The National Voter Registration Drive: https://www.nusconnect.org.uk/articles/generationvote-over-100-000-voters-registered-during-national-drive
- A summary of Bite The Ballot policy asks ahead of the 2016 Local Elections: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/oliver-sidorczuk/times-up-its-time-for-pol_b_9839770.html
- Comment on the ‘Article 50’ Miller Case: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/abiodun-michael-olatokun/brexit_b_12885814.html
- ‘The Nottingham Student Manifesto’, the culmination of the UoNSU campaign to promote political participation: https://issuu.com/trentstudents/docs/nottsstudentmanifesto_web_/9
- Promoting university turnout ahead of the 2015 General Election: http://uonsu.tumblr.com/post/116301295648/lets-speak-up-for-nottinghams-future
- Calling for regular consultation between government and pressure groups in the formation of policy: http://the-orator.co.uk/2015/07/the-first-and-third-sector-creating-a-communicative-marriage/Opposing the Ministry of Justice’s proposed reduction for state-funded criminal representation: http://the-orator.co.uk/2015/08/the-criminal-barristers-strike/
- Arguing for the extension of the franchise to 16-17 year olds for the EU referendum: Young Fabians, Anticipations Magazine, December 2015 pgs 17-18
- Encouraging engagement with the UoN Students’ Union’s campaigns: http://uonsu.tumblr.com/post/67056210669/mike-abiodun-olatokun-helping-you-make-change-at